Tuesday, February 2, 2010

FINALLY Getting to Hang Out with Friends!!!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Today Oliver had some friends over to play! I enjoyed hearing their laughter fill my home and was immediately brought to tears thinking about the future. I thought of how I'd miss those sweet little boys in my home. I thought of how hard it is going to be to see them experience the milestones that Oliver won't get to experience here, like high school, prom, graduation. I try hard to not think about the future, but those thoughts always seem to creep in. I need to just enjoy the moment. I haven't given up, but I am aware of what is the most likely outcome of this disease and I don't know... maybe I'm starting the grieving process early... who knows. Please pray for me to have peace and strength. Pray for Oliver to be comfortable and blessed. Pray for our entire family to be able to get through the tough times when these thoughts rush through our heads. I'm GRATEFUL for your thoughts and prayers every day. I really am.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've never met you, but I wish I could give you a hug! Your strength and your attitude are such an inspiration. I can't fathom what you are experiencing, but as a fellow mother, my heart simply aches for you. I live in Nevada but found your blog through Sadie Huish's blog. I wish I could help more, but please know that I pray for you and your family every day.