Thursday, June 14, 2012

A horse is a horse... of course, of course...

 Saturday, May 12, 2012

Today was a day I scratched off of my own bucket list.  I had never ridden a horse before as they scare me a bit with their massive size and ability to cause some serious health issues if they get spooked!  Today I was given the opportunity to actually ride one!  I was nervous at first and was the only adult to have Keith lead the horse, but hey... I actually did it... so I'm proud of myself. 

Malinda, a friend I had met through Oliver's journey, invited us to her stable which was about an hour and 45 minutes east of us.  She said she had four horses, Scout, Kidd, Sonny and Elvis.  I invited two of Ed's brothers and their families to come along as well as my sister-in-law LOVES horses and misses hers terribly.  Ed had ridden a horse in scouts when he was younger and Eden and Ollie had been on ponies before, but Jaren and Finny had never been on one.  I honestly didn't think they would want to ride one, but they were excited to!  Finny could hardly contain himself and ran into the pen when it was his turn... not even waiting for Jaren to come out and hand him the helmet! 

We packed a sack lunch and ate and chatted for a bit.  The kids had the most fun playing in a pile of limestone!  I had packed up lots of baggies full of cut up apples and baby carrots which we all had fun giving to the sweet horses!  Then we each had a turn riding Scout.  It was such a fun day.  I miss Oliver so much during family outings like this, but know that he's still with us and happy that we are happy and continuing to make memories.  Thank you, Malinda and Keith for such a great day!  We'll have to get together again very soon!!



 Ed and Finny feeding Scout.

Randy and Lydia feeding Sonny.

Feeding the horses.

Phineas wanting to ride on the four wheeler.

Phineas and Carson.  They are three months apart and love playing together.

Eden being a goon.

 The limestone pile -- King of the Mountain! 
 

Jaren and Lydia.  Love Bear's face in this picture!

Cousins -- Carson, Phineas, Eden, Jaren, Lydia

Carson

Lydia

Kaylee

Lydia and Jaren

Jaren

Keith showing Jaren his tattoo of Scout.

Phineas

Eden

Ed

Me

I am the horse whisperer...

Keith showing us a few tricks.  Sadly no one snapped a pic of me doing that later on in the day... *wink*

"Holy crap... that was TONS of fun..."  I LOVED this picture.  "Aaaaaaaaand...... I'm done."

Brothers -- Ed, Danny and Kaylee, Randy

Me and Ed

Me and Malinda with Scout peekin' over our shoulder!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yeehaw! Ride 'em cowgirl! I would love to do this sometime...although my allergies will kill me. But I don't care...I love horses!