Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Look Back at 2013 - MAY - Our Honeymoon (May 9th) - Kelly Park / Daytona Beach


DAY 4 - Kelly Park and Daytona Beach

When we were planning the trip I wanted to see more of Florida other than just the theme parks.  I found this amazing natural spring at Kelly Park near Apopka, Florida.  We rented inner tubes down the road from the park and for less than $10 we had a blast tubing for half of the day.  It was about 3/4 of a mile down the creek and we had to get out before we hit the place the alligators like to hang out!  I guess there was one sunning itself after the final lifeguard chair down the creek!  The water felt wonderful and was crystal clear.  We will definitely take the kids there the next time we go.  We met a wonderful LDS family that was on a family reunion from all over.  A couple from the group was from North Carolina and I told her we had thought about moving there so we chatted about the area a bit.  It was the perfect day to go and we even got a sign from Oliver in the sky!
The sign near the beginning of the spring.



We parked the car and walked down a trail to the start of the spring which came out of a cave (bottom center picture).  It was about 3/4 of a mile away.  I couldn't get over how green everything was and how clear the water was.  It was just beautiful.

We saw this bright green lizard right as we pulled into the park.  Again, I just couldn't get over how beautiful it was.  I would love to have someplace like this to go back home.  I also loved the trees with the moss cascading off the branches.

So, Ed and I decided to take a walk on the nature trail through the woods.  I had to pee really bad and so Ed held my hands and I just did the ol' girl scout squat alongside the trail.  Classy... I know.  I got done and we walked a few steps and I was busy looking at the trees and nearly stepped on a freaking SNAKE!  It was the first time I'd ever seen anything other than a garter snake.  Ed and I shrieked and ran and then I was going to turn around a snap a picture!!  Ed was like... "You know they can coil and jump a few feet, right?!"  So... I decided again pursuing a photograph.  It turned out to be an eastern diamondback rattlesnake.  It ALMOST scared the pee outta me, but good thing I just emptied the tank.  Again... classy.  *wink,wink*

***


After we went to Kelly Park for a few hours we drove to Daytona Beach.  This was only the second time we've been to the Atlantic Ocean and it's so beautiful and calming.  I would love to live by the ocean. 

Sunsets are one of my favorite things to photograph.  I love sunsets and long walks on the beach.  Well... I love sunsets and Ed likes long walks on the beach.  I just wanted to sit and enjoy the waves.

One of my favorite pics of me and "Eddie Spaghetti with the meatball eyes".  I love him so much!  I also love how my eyes close when I smile.  Rad.

No comments: