Friday, August 17, 2012

First day of school...

August, 16th, 2012

Today Eden started her first day of 4th grade at Becker Elementary.  I know she'll do well as she is a good student and very responsible.  She is also in class with some of her best friends which she was happy to hear!  We had our traditional 'Ice Cream for Breakfast' that we started the year Oliver had his Make*A*Wish trip to Give Kids the World Resort in Florida.  Ed found some green maraschino cherries in honor of Oliver and his favorite color!

Eden, age 9, fourth grade



It has been a rough week or so leading up to the first day as Oliver wasn't here.  He would have been starting 6th grade, which is middle school in our town.  One more milestone he won't be able to participate in.  It's been rough picking out school supplies and getting things ready.  It always seems like I'm forgetting something.  Life just isn't right anymore.  Jaren starts preschool on Tuesday.  I'm nervous for him because of his autoimmune disease (EE) where he only eats certain foods.  He eats a few baby foods and drinks soy baby formula, so of course kids might call him a baby.  I'm worried about how he will adjust although maybe being around other kids will at least get him to TRY new foods.  At least I know his teacher and teacher associate are wonderful so I'm not worried about that!  Hopefully my fears will subside after the first few days of school.


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today Jaren started his first day of preschool.  He told me he was 'really scared' about it.  After school he climbed into the van and I asked him if he had a good first day of school.  He hid his face and then I could see a shy smile spread out followed by a little giggle.  I was so relieved.  He said he colored, sang songs and rested on his orange towel.  He also went outside to play at recess.  I asked him if he made any new friends and he said that he didn't know how to make new friends.  I just told him to be himself and talk to other kids, share with them and be nice.  I also said he would probably make some friends by making them laugh -- which he is very good at!  So... a good first day for Jare Bear.  I hope this trend continues.

Jaren, age 5, preschool

This was a craft project that my friend found on Pinterest.  You get some melamine dishes and draw on them with Sharpie markers then bake for 30 minutes at 350... I think.  You'll have to double check on Pinterest.  Anyways... after that the ink won't smear and you are left with a fun craft!  I bought some bowls at Target for $1.79 and we'll do a family craft for FHE some night!


4 comments:

smiliesar said...

love the ice cream idea. I might start that too since my oldest starts Kindergarten this year.

emily kay said...

Glad to see Eden is in class with her best friends and Jaren has awesome people looking out for him in his classroom! I hope their school years go well and they have fun. So unfair that Oliver cannot be here to start school, he was definitely looking down smiling that you guys were eating ice cream for breakfast :)

Missing you on facebook Stacy, your family is still in my prayers <3

meghan said...

Wow. Eden is looking so grown up. I can't believe it. My heart breaks for you when milestones pass that Oliver can't be there for. I am sure those are extra hard. Thinking of you and hoping Jaren's first day goes well.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you Stacy. My moms heart just breaks for you. I can only imagine how hard this time of year must be. I think of you often and stop and just pray for strength for you. I usually ask for laughter in your house too. I am thankful you have such sweet kids!

I hope it helps to know your entire family is thought about and prayed for. Crystal Platz