Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Look Back at 2013 - MARCH


 ST. PATRICK'S DAY

This year we set up a leprechaun trap and he left the kids some Starburst candies, Lucky Charms and gold coins!  We had homemade shepherd's pie and sparkling cider for dinner.  Iron man was Jaren's 'plus one' for the event. 



EASTER
 
We went to Clinton to visit my grandparents for Easter this year.  It was the first time I got to see my cousin's sweet baby, Logan.  He wasn't very happy in the photo below!  Jaren sitting with great grandpa, showing him things on the iPad, the kids sitting on the front steps, my cousin's little family, G & G, and Jaren being goofy in the hotel room.

 Easter Sunday.  We went to church with Grandma and Grandpa and then the kids had an egg hunt in their back yard.  My mom is pictured with them on the bottom right.


Before we headed out of town, I wanted to visit my grandparents graves and make an arrangement for them.  It was the first time I'd been out there since my grandma died.



 WARTBURG DANCE MARATHON

We attended our first Wartburg DM in Waverly.  It was quite a bit smaller than UNI's or UI's since it is a smaller campus, but the hearts and compassion of the students that volunteer is just the same.  They raised $30, 479.13!  We were only there for a bit, but the kids had fun dancing, playing with blocks, ping pong, having races and playing catch.  Eden sniffed out the mustaches, of course! 

No comments: