Thursday, November 3, 2016

Back to Blogging

Over a year ago, I had logged in to blog on Oliver's birthday only to find a HORRIFIC message in my comments from some anonymous coward.  You could tell that they just wanted to inflict pain.  I read the message and just started bawling.  It took me to a place that I didn't want to think about.  I got on Facebook and was on the DIPG support group page and quickly learned that this has happened to MANY of us grieving parents.  I just don't understand people who want to just destroy people with their words and actions.  It truly makes me sick.

So, I've been gone for a while, but feel the need to start journaling again.  It is a nice way to preserve memories... stories and pictures... for my family.  I had wondered if I should just put my blog on private to avoid hurtful comments, but realized that I get more loving and supportive comments than hurtful ones, so I'll keep it public.  Ollie's story needs to be shared and I love to see that people still stop by and learn about him every day.  It makes my heart happy to know that he is not forgotten. 

4 comments:

Erin said...

You can always make it so you require a login for commenting so no one can be "anonymous." You don't have to make your blog private/invite-only for that.

Sorry you had that experience. I don't understand why anyone would do what this anonymous jerk did. :(

Mom said...

I am SO GRATEFUL that you are blogging again. I am Ollie's grandfather Palmer's sister and I REALLY appreciate and am touched by his story and your example. Thank you for coming back. I know Heavenly Father is blessing your family.

Melissa Lasley said...

So sorry that happened to you! Sad people that feel like that they have to do that.
Sending love!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm on this blog for the first time. So sorry for your loss. Honestly, I'm shocked by Oliver's appereance in 2012. Did he have really take that massive doses of steroids, so his skin literally broke? Was he overeating? Is this the typical end for every child with DIPG? The decline was so relentless. Sorry for my bad English. I'm from a small post-communist country in Europe. This journey is ahead of us, my daughter just has been diagnosed.