Thursday, August 31, 2017

Book - The Enemy Series and the name signs.....

Two years ago Ed bought me a book series for my birthday which had 7 books in the series.  The Enemy Series, written by Charlie Higson, is a teen zombie story set over in England.  I know it sounds lame, but it was actually really well written and kept my interest throughout the entire series.  He bought a set of 6 because the 7th one wasn't out yet and I was itching to buy it right when it came out.  It was worth the wait!

THE ENEMY SERIES (Click here)



The thing that got me was that eight pages into the very first book, one of the main characters was named... OLLIE.  I always love seeing his name in books.  I'm reading Harry Potter to the boys every night before bed and have always loved the fact that one of the Gryffindor characters is named Oliver (Wood).  I just finished a book called The Broken Lands that briefly talks about a friend of the main character named, Oliver.

So the first book has an OLLIE.  I sit down to read the second book in the series and another main character is named ED.  Umm... weird.  I jokingly thought to myself that I will flip out if the next book has another of my immediate family members names in it.  Sure enough, I couldn't believe when I read that another character's name was, FINN.  So after three books in and three family members names, I thought that the craziness would end.  Ummmmm... no.  The fifth book briefly mentioned that a girl named, STACEY (spelled differently than mine) was killed by the zombies.  I couldn't get over it!  I knew that Eden, Jaren and Thor wouldn't be in it, but I was wrong.  They mentioned THOR in the sixth book and EDEN in the seventh!!  Jaren, however, did not make any of the hundreds of pages in the series.  I just couldn't get over how crazy it was!

Anyways... if you are looking for a new book series that keeps you engaged the whole way through, look no further than, The Enemy Series!


The Enemy
The Dead
The Fear
The Sacrifice
The Fallen
The Hunted
The End

No comments: