Thursday, November 25, 2010

OCTOBER 2010

HALLOWEEN FESTIVITIES - 2010

Halloween is my favorite holiday and I have so much fun helping the kids with their costumes each year. Oliver has been wanting to be YODA for the longest time and I could never find the costume in the store so we ordered it online several weeks before Halloween to ensure that it was here in time. We also ordered a green light up light saber online, but at the school Halloween party at Grandma's school, a kid busted it. He held it together and didn't cry which was a difficult thing for him with his emotions being easier to trigger nowadays. I ended up finding the other green one that he's had for a while, although it didn't light up, he was okay with it. We seriously have like 10 light sabers in this house!!!



I found a darling Garden Gnome outfit for Jaren at Target and thought it was hysterical so I bought it for him. Well, I got home and tried to wedge him into it and boy it did not give at all! Plus, it was like 3 inches too short, but I think that added to the overall hilarity of the outfit. He wore it to the church trunk-or-treat and then Finny puked all over it which I couldn't wash because it would either... A) shrink into nothingness or B) fall apart. He ended up being Batman for the rest of the Halloween festivities!




Phineas was going to be either a NINJA, which Jaren was a few years ago, or a PIRATE. Turns out he was a little of both. He wore the Ninja costume to 'Trunk or Treat' at church and the pirate costume to the nursing home. My mom kept him for us while we went trick-or-treating since it was pretty cold out. I figure he's too young to remember it now anyways! He got in on all the candy action when we got home anyways!




This year Eden wanted to be the evil vampire, VICTORIA, from the 'Twilight' series of books turned into movies. Although I am a fan of "Twilight" she came up with this ALL on her own. I just helped to make her costume come to life! We ended up with two wigs because the one I bought online wasn't here in time and so I bought another one at the store only to come home the same day and see it on our front porch. Oh well... we get use out of wigs and dress up in this house! The reddish wig looked more like The Little Mermaid and the darker auburn colored wig was curly, but too dark. Most people thought that she was Wilma from the Flintstones.


This is the Victoria from "Twilight" and "New Moon" and is the photo that I based Eden's costume off of. Notice the necklace in a few photos and the studded black leather bracelet with feathers. Obviously a long sleeved black shirt instead of a tank top.

Victoria from "Eclipse" & Victoria from "Twilight" and "New Moon"

The hair would seriously be good for an Ariel costume!

Eden getting all VAMPED out!
Add Video


*SCHOOL HALLOWEEN PARTIES*

Originally the 4th and 5th graders couldn't dress up or participate in the parade, so Ollie went to school with Grandma so that he could have fun and participate in the festivities at her school. I went to school and found out that he could have dressed up for the party at his school, but I didn't know in time. I wish he could have spent some time with his friends at school, but I know that he had fun with Grandma making memories there with her and her students! (I'm waiting for pictures from my mom to post!)



These cute girls are Sayde, Eden and McKenzie. They have been best friends since preschool!



*CARVING PUMPKINS*


Oliver laughing about something!

Grandma and Bryan came over to help! Whoa... take it easy Eden!!!

Phineas and Uncle Bryan's howling wolf turned out pretty awesome!


Jaren and his ghost pumpkin that Grandma helped cut out! He didn't like touching the guts of the pumpkin!

Eden and her pumpkin she carved all by herself! It's a sad pumpkin. Why are you wearing a Superman costume?! Getting in the Halloween spirit, I guess! ;o)

Oliver and his angry pumpkin that he also carved for the first time by himself! I love that smile!

Our jack-o-lanterns all aglow!

So proud of their creations!

Mummy pizzas, monster toes, yellow goblin teeth. Oliver couldn't eat it. He said it was too gross!



*TRUNK OR TREAT / HALLOWEEN DANCE*


Finny as a ninja!

Oliver - Yoda, Uncle Chad - Obi Wan Kenobi, Jaren - Garden Gnome, Eden - Victoria

Eden and Haylie

Ninja boy bustin' up the joint!

Have you ever seen two vampires doing the tango?

"Mom... we're drinking blood!" - Eden. Well... that's what vampires drink I suppose!



*TRICK OR TREATING*


These are the kids trick or treating bags that I finally got around to making this year!

Jaren like going to each door and getting candy! He loves all the suckers he gets! We went to my dad's neighborhood this year and did a lot of walking! It was so funny because Chad would go hide somewhere when Ed would take Jaren up to the door and then Chad would jump out and scare the crap out of Jaren and he LOVED it! I can't believe how much he loved getting scared. He would ask him to hide over and over again!

We took the stroller because we figured Jaren would get pooped walking so far and didn't even think about bringing the wheelchair for Oliver because he's been doing so well lately. He ended up sitting in the stroller the majority of the time. I keep forgetting that when we walk more than just around the house, he gets winded and wiped out a lot easier. We cut it short, but had a lot of fun together.

Oliver and Jaren


No comments: