Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Caps for the Cure"

Thursday, May 26, 2011


I wanted to do something in May to benefit brain tumor awareness month and so I found 'Caps for the Cure' on The Cure Starts Now website that funds research for pediatric brain tumors. Oliver is one of the heroes on the site and before school got out for the summer I wanted to see if Oliver's school and my mom's school would help out. Oliver's school let the teachers donate money to wear jeans for the last two days of school and my mom's school did the same as well as let the children and teachers wear hats to school for a $1 donation. They raised over $1,000 for The Cure Starts Now! Amazing! Thank you everyone. This will be a May tradition in honor of brain tumor awareness month. Since my child was diagnosed with cancer... I am an advocate for all of these kids and their families. If we don't speak up and do something about it, a cure will never come. Thank you again for everyone that participated!!!


Posters my mom and students made for Lou Henry Elementary

This young woman decided to give all of the money she received on her birthday to Oliver last year.

Miss Witte and her class.

Mr. Finny in one of Grandma's many hats!

No comments: