Friday, February 19, 2010

Lou Henry Elementary Dinner & Movie Night

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - Lou Henry Elementary Movie Night

My mom works at Lou Henry Elementary here in town and for their movie night the Student Ambassadors had refreshments available for the movie and asked for a donation to help Oliver. I am AMAZED at the kindness and thoughtfulness of others. It makes me want to be a better person. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's soooooo true. I want other people to feel the way that I've felt, the gratitude that I've been able to feel towards people who have helped us out. I don't know half the people who donated, they just did, and they didn't need to be thanked for it. But, I want to say THANK YOU!!!! Thank you to all the students who helped, the teachers and people who made and brought the food and for all the people who came and donated! It really means a lot to know that so many people care about Ollie!


Sign made by the kids at Lou Henry Elementary.

The kids helping with food and drinks.

Jayden Jolley, a friend from church and student ambassador who helped out.

Oliver, Uncle Chad and Grandma Young

Jaren AKA: Barf Vader

Other staff members and friends that helped out. :O)

Oliver and Alison
(This little girl wanted to help Oliver so she made baked goods to sell during a teacher meeting held at her church and raised $150! She never had even met Oliver. So sweet!

One of my mom's co-workers made this especially for Oliver. :O)

Mom, Mr. Ortman - Principal at Lou Henry, Me
He has gone above and beyond with helping Oliver and my mom! The staff at that school is AMAZING! I can't thank them enough!

Some of the kids and their families that came out for the family movie night!

My mom shaved her head with Oliver and then got his name carved into her newly sprouting hair! It's interesting to see that the letters "L-I-V-E" are the only letters that could fit in the frame. What we are all praying for............ the fact that he will LIVE through this.

No comments: