Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Strength from Others

I just got off the phone with a wonderful nurse that helped me out during my recent stay in the hospital. I had her eight years ago when I was there and remembered her! It's overwhelming to feel love from so many people, even complete strangers. They touch and bless my life in so many different ways. I am grateful for the kindness of others... for the strength and love I can feel from them. So... for ALL of you who have strengthened me, who have prayed for me, who have been an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on... all I can say is "THANK YOU". I can only hope to do those same for others who need it in the future.

2 comments:

Kathy Hooper said...

Hi, there. I'm really not sure how I came across your blog, but here I am! Your sweet boy's smile is so precious. I am so very sorry for what you are going through and will be praying for grace and strength for your Oliver and your entire family. I am happy to hear of all the loving support you are getting from family, friends and your community. I feel privileged to be getting to know you and your son through your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello again Stacy and Oliver,

I do not wish to dwell on my own experience but Reading that you Stacy feel as though you are already grieving hit me as exactly what I did when my dad was diagnosed. My mum & I were told on Saturday 13 November that he had cancer & would not survive the weekend - Dad did survive that weekend, however I was terrified that I would lose my dad at any moment. I thought it would be easier to grieve & that meant when he passed I would be able to cope better. Wrong. Instead I feel that maybe I missed out on times I could have enjoyed.

Ollie is fighting just like my dad fought & Ollie could beat the odds just like my dad did. So why should you spend years grieving when you could have that normality (allbeit a different normality)of family life? I'm not telling you how to 'feel' because that's a personal thing. All I can say is that it didn't help me. Make sure you do not store up those scary emotions & continue to let them out. It may make you feel stronger & able to cope with this nightmare.

My prayers are for Oliver to be well & happy; my prayers are also with you Stacy & Ollie's dad & siblings to have the strength to deal with what has been thrown at you.

Much love from us the Kenchington family & that includes my little man Ollie.