Friday, April 22, 2011

BENEFIT FOR OLIVER

OLIVER PALMER BENEFIT
Saturday, June 11, 2011
4 pm - 9 pm
Pepsi Pavilion on the National Cattle Congress fairgrounds


BAKE SALE
RAFFLE
SILENT AUCTION
KIDS ACTIVITIES
FOOD
DANCING
FUN



Oliver really wants to go to Disneyland again and as a parent of a child with a terminal illness, I want to do ALL I can to make it happen for him. We've never been to California Adventure, which is the theme park right next door to Disneyland in California. If we go to Disney World we've never been to Animal Kingdom or Epcot center. He was so sick, the sickest he's been the last year and a half when we went on his Make*A*Wish trip, and I'd love for him to be able to enjoy this memory a little more this time. He's never seen the Atlantic Ocean because he would vomit every time we got in the car and so the hour drive to the ocean was out. He vomited every single morning either in the car or in the parking lot of the amusement park we were visiting and with his balance problems couldn't ride many of the rides. This benefit will help raise funds that we don't have to help him get there. I'd love for him to be able to go and make these memories with him and not without him.

Unfortunately the donations will also go into an account for funeral arrangements if the need arises. Funerals are around $8,000 - $10,ooo and we only have $2,000 in life insurance for each of the children. You never think something will happen to your child, but it can. I'm grateful for those that are willing to help us. I know we'll most likely be in debt through this journey and I'm grateful for the help, the support and the prayers for Oliver as well as myself and the family because it has affected every single one of us in different ways. I hope to be able to meet the faceless strangers that have sent Oliver packages and cards throughout the year so that I can say THANK YOU in person!


If you would like to donate something to the raffle, silent auction or bake sale please email me at edstacypalmer@msn.com. Also, if you know where I could hang up fliers for the event, please let me know.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ollie,
I've been following your mom's blog for a long time. I can't remember how I found out about you, but your amazingness has made me want to read mom's updates! My son Ollie is a bit older than you. His nickname is Ollie-Lolly which I try really hard not to call him when he has mates with him. We parents can be very embarrassing at times! I'll keep an eye on how your benefit is progressing and I hope you remember that even if parents are embarrassing, they still need lots of hugs. This actually makes them behave better!

Much love flying across the ocean young man Ollie.
Carey
England