Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Iowa's Bravest

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Eden, Julie, Ollie


I've been making barrettes to sell with the majority of the proceeds going to
St. Baldrick's Foundation for pediatric cancer research. Julie, the cookie lady (she's been making sugar cookies for the kids to decorate), stopped by with some Easter cookies and told me about Iowa's Bravest which is an organization that sends packages and support to the troops that are serving overseas. She told me that they raised over 29,000 boxes of girl scout cookies to send to all the troops from Iowa and that I could come and sell my barrettes. I took the kids and set up the table and then we went inside to help volunteer. We added stickers to each of the boxes that were being sent. It felt so good to help such a great cause. I'm always looking for different ways to volunteer, more now than ever. It keeps my mind off of other things and I feel good doing it. The kids had fun and helped me sell the bows at the end when we were all done with the packages. I had made lots of bows and pins with a patriotic theme and they were a hit. Thank you, Julie and everyone that bought some bows! :O)



Putting stickers on each box

Writing letters to the soldiers overseas

All my goodies for St. Baldrick's

No comments: