Wednesday, March 13, 2013

2012 October - Oliver's headstone

October 2, 2012 - Today Oliver's headstone was placed so I picked the kids up from school a bit early and we went to see it.  It was GORGEOUS.  Ed and I designed it and Hagarty Monuments created it for us.  Thank you to all of you that donated money after Oliver passed away, we used it for some of the cost of his beautiful stone.

Jaren, Eden and Phineas
Jaren playing 'guys', which I thought Oliver would have loved seeing.






I absolutely love the colors of the trees here in the fall.  We drive by another cemetery on the way to Oliver's grave so today on the way home we stopped and I snapped a few pictures of the trees.  I'm sure Ed gets sick of all my ooohing and ahhing about the pretty trees every Fall, but I just can't help myself!




This picture is a few blocks away from our house and I had Ed drive around the block because I had to get a picture of the entire lawn COVERED in bright yellow leaves.  I just love it.  This is one of the reasons I do love Iowa.  I couldn't handle not having the seasons change in such a way.



We went back out to Oliver's grave near sunset so my mom could see it with me as well.  I got a few more shots of the back of his stone.  They did such a GREAT job with our vision for it.  THANK YOU so much HAGARTY MONUMENT!!!  
Sunset at the cemetery.

Sweet boy.  I loved this picture of him.  I had to get one on here in his baseball uniform!
"Forever Brave"  ALWAYS...........  will be the bravest kid I know.  I miss him so much.

No comments: